Monday, January 25, 2010

Night Of The Satellite



I remember August 12, 1987. I was a small lad
playing in the swamp near my home. All was normal
until I noticed some frogs exiting the swamp. Three
or four.....then ten...twenty. It was like an
amphibious exile. The only other witness to this absurd
display was a mole watching from a log near the swamp.
I began to grow nervous. I leaned over and peered into
the murky water to see what the hell was going on.

I saw a red blinking light under the slimy moat. It seemed
quite distant which was odd since the swamp was only
three feet deep. Soon it appeared to be about to
surface and I backed away from the water. Then, all of a
sudden..SPLASH! I realized that the light was not
in the swamp at all.

It was being reflected from the sky. It was a falling
satellite! And it fell into MY fucking swamp! The most
amazing thing transpired next. Out of the bubbling
swamp water, from within the steaming satellite
came forth a.....wait. What the hell am I thinking?

Moles can’t see!

No comments:

Post a Comment