Friday, April 23, 2010

Laura

<a href="http://thebloodyoranges.bandcamp.com/track/laura">Laura by The Bloody Oranges</a>


This is from my electronic album "This Mountain Will" under the moniker, "Satellite Boy"

Musically, I think I was going for Soft Cell with a driving beat, inspired by Radar Love from Golden Earring. By that rationale, I guess I should have named it Tainted Radar Love. I can't explain why I went with a -1940's era crooner- voice, but it's my favorite part of the song.

The name came from a series of recurring dreams about a giant tortoise, imprisoned in a bamboo cage in the jungle. I would stumble upon this creature and he would shove his head through the bamboo bars and scream, "FIND ME LAURA!" Although, he may have been saying, "FIND ME, LAURA!" Either way, it's a troubling dream.

The noises at the end are from hitting the weather button on my police scanner and recording multiple tracks with reverb. There's also a subliminal message spoken quietly as the song fades, but I cannot remember what it was, or to whom it was aimed.

Tell me how you feel after listening to it. Maybe we will get a clue about that message.

No comments:

Post a Comment